Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Detector Photoelectric/Electrochemical Sensor Hardwired with AA Battery
The Kidde 900-CUAR is a hardwired smoke and carbon monoxide detector, with interconnectable AA Battery Backup, which helps protect you and your family from two hazards fire and dangerous carbon monoxide (CO) – in one unit. This smoke and carbon monoxide detector combo features self-testing components that are always checking to make sure the alarm is on and working. This is a photoelectric smoke alarm, meaning it may provide better detection of larger, visible fire particles (the kinds associated with slow smoldering fires). Fire safety experts advise using both photoelectric smoke detectors, like this one, and ionization smoke detectors which may be better at detecting small, less-visible fire particles (those that emit from fast-flaming fires). Install both throughout your home for optimal smoke and fire detection.
- 2X the Detection - Alerts you to both smoke & CO using a single alarm.
- Self-Testing - Smoke and CO alarm is equipped with components that are always checking to ensure the device is operating as expected.
- Whole-home Alarm Activation - Expand detection via hardwired connections to other Kidde alarms – when one alarm sounds, they all do.
- Quick-Install Mounting Bracket - Included in the box for simple, easy installation in 4 orientations.
- AC-hardwired with battery backup - Powered by home’s electricity in order to provide reliable detection. 2-AA batteries provide smoke detector-carbon monoxide detector combo backup power during short-term power outages.
- Photoelectric smoke sensor - May detect visible fire particles associated with slow smoldering fires sooner than an ionization sensor.
- Electrochemical CO sensor - Provides accurate and continual CO protection during the product’s life, remains stable during temperature and humidity changes, and resists reactions to household gases that may cause false readings or reduce sensitivity.
- 10-Year Warranty (batteries excluded).